Tuesday, February 14, 2012

New Space...and a request.

Hey folks...if you haven't noticed, I lost interest in this blog long ago. When I just checked I noticed the (newer \ older) links are no longer on the pages, which makes posts over 200 difficult to get to for some users...I was able to see the posts by clicking on the post title
(New Space for 2012) and then you'll get to a page that has the newer and older post links.

I don't see anything in the settings to change this setting, and I think something needs to be changed in the template via some minor HTML coding. I may try to do this sometime, but honestly it is not high on my to do list.

I would like to suggest someone create an alternate digi smack blog, and suggest we let this one die a slow death.

Today I looked at the stats on this blog while looking to change the blogger settings. I was kind of surprised to see the activity volumes. This blog has over a half million page views since it started and I was surprised to see the daily page view counts too. For that reason, I will not close it abruptly, but will leave it open and post the link to the new blog so no one gets lost in the transition.

I imagine there will be a free-for-all after I publish this, and multiple blogs will be created. You all as a community will eventually settle on a new location, once the dust settles, this blog can fade away. I will check back in a few weeks to see how it is going.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to do this: First.

Now smack away.

Anonymous said...

"Redju is retiring:

http://shop.scrapbookgraphics.com/Redju/?catid=&sort=&page=3

I always really liked her stuff - 0h well I guess I'll get a few good deals."

I love her stuff too....:(
Someone knows why she's retiring????
I think it's very "hard" to work with MAYA.....LOL

DigiSmacker said...

Okay, I started a new blog. I don't know how to number the comments, but I think I've got it set up okay. digismack.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

if you haven't noticed, I lost interest in this blog long ago.

yes it was obvious

Anonymous said...

if you haven't noticed, I lost interest in this blog long ago.

yes it was obvious
---------
Oh for fuck's sake...

You need your hand held on a smack blog??

Anonymous said...

5:43 PM - who said anything about holding hands? your smack doesn't even make sense.

Anonymous said...

Why not just transfer ownership of this one?

Anonymous said...

^^^
maybe because it would not be anonymous owners (current and future)?

Anonymous said...

Just please don't close or delete the blog completely. I think there are lots of things here worth keeping for future designers/store owners/scrappers to read. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree. As a designer, I've learned an awful lot about who, what, and where to avoid and why.

Anonymous said...

I agree. As a designer, I've learned an awful lot about who, what, and where to avoid and why.

February 16, 2012 10:26 AM
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Well, that says a lot about you. This is an anonymous smack blog. You REALLY think this is where you can honestly learn about who to avoid?

Personal grudges are worked out here every single day. If I wanted to, I could continually post mean and untrue things about a fellow designer just because I don't like her. Doesn't mean you wouldn't like her, or that what is said about anyone here is ever even close to the truth. Grow a set and form your own opinions. smh.

Anonymous said...

Not the PP but I think you'll be pretty silly too to disregard the info on this blog completely. Wouldn't it be better to have it here as a source to compare with your other sources? No one said everything here is the one and only truth and I'm sure no one believes so. Chill.

Anonymous said...

Information here is just as likely to be slanted here as anywhere else. But it's just as likely to be true information here as anywhere else too.

You can post your personal grudges here if you wanted, but how is that any less honest than a ct pumping up the egos of their designers? It isn't.

The only real bonus to a smack blog is that on a forum you are only allowed to hear the "positive" about a designer (and honestly, that's not always totally truthful either). Here you get to hear some of the negatives too.

You do have to make up your own mind one way or the other, but an anonymous blog is just as reliable a source of information as any other.

Anonymous said...

Grow a set
-----

of what?

Anonymous said...

yeah it was obvious the owner wasn't too bothered as the comment thing has been going on for a while. Why not think about transferring ownership - you can add new admins etc.

If anyone does create a new smack blog it would be good to post the link here. It would also be good if there was a slight change in attitude....criticism is fine, but how about making it more constructive and less bitchy? I've posted on this blog for a really long time but recently it's just been nastiness for nastiness sake.

And for God sake take the captcha off - can't read the bloody thing!

Anonymous said...

New smackblog set up here
digismack.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

good lord..there already IS another blog that was made. the comments are going THERE not here....geezus. pay attention. it was posted on this page already!

http://digismack.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I've posted on this blog for a really long time but recently it's just been nastiness for nastiness sake.
-----

Recently? There's been nastiness for the sake of nastiness in the past and far, far worse IMO.